Utilise available budgets for better Urban Greening outcomes
As the new financial year draws ever closer, many organisations scramble to find effective ways to spend any extra funds that remain in their budgets. . .
This might be particularly true, given the recent challenges that COVID19 presented to everyone.
Whether it’s accounting, human resources, environmental, infrastructure, or IT, those departments who spend less than they are allocated by the organisation often find themselves “penalised” with reduced budgets for the following year. By contrast, those groups who somehow manage to earmark an operational need for every dollar afforded to them are commonly "rewarded" for their efforts.
As you decide how you could (or should) ultimately spend those last remaining dollars, we'd encourage you to consider allocating a proportion of your 'spare' budget towards some shorter term or medium term Urban Greening projects. Perhaps executing a project that you've been putting off for a while or that may have been delayed, given current circumstances. Alternatively, it could be that you are in need of some emergency type assistance with tree or below ground matters.
As ever, we are currently working with a number of Local Government organisations across WA on diverse projects such as;
1. Arboriculture advisory for pre-tender planning, pre-development work, predesign plans, project feasibility studies
2. Planning and execution of tree pruning programmes
3. Pre-ordering of quality-grown tree stock for future projects
4. Emergency/short-term tree maintenance services
5. Infrastructure protection for pathways, kerbs, car parks etc from tree root damage
6. Remediation works following damage to tree roots and canopies
7. Tree protection works associated with new developments, refurbishments, the upgrading of hardstand/roads or traffic areas
We're very aware that the best way to utilise your end-of-year budget will be unique to each organisation. We don’t want to tell you how to spend your money, but if you’re still undecided about how best to use your extra funds and have some immediate tree or urban greening outcomes to attain, please feel free to contact either Chad Thompson (Head of Sales) or Erica Paull (Sales Executive) on (08) 9359 9300 in the first instance.
Local and State Government, Town Planners, Infrastructure Organisations and Project Managers all regularly look to the Arbor Centre for trusted advice on all thing’s trees and tree related matters. This is something we’re very proud of and do not take for granted. We continue to enjoy delivering projects that have an impact for many Local Government organisations. If you think we can be of assistance, please get in touch.